Over the Christmas holidays, VCA’s affiliation with the National Honor Society (NHS) was approved. The following document explains the selection process. If after reading the document, you have further questions, please contact Mrs. Powell by email @ email@example.com
Patriot National Honor Society Selection Process
1. Academic eligibility is the first consideration in the selection process. An accumulative high school GPA of 3.5 is required. Only grades 10,11, and 12 are eligible for membership.
2. Students eligible with a 3.5 GPA are notified by the faculty council through a letter.
3. Students will also be required to have three teacher recommendations.
4. All forms and recommendations are then reviewed by the faculty council. Before any candidate is notified, the advisor submits a written report to the principal regarding the faculty councils’ deliberations of all candidates.
5. All candidates are notified by a letter if he / she is a selected or non-selected candidate.
6. Only students attending VCA for at least one semester may be considered for membership.
7. Ninth graders are not eligible for NHS membership. However, grades, service hours and leadership roles completed in the ninth grade will be considered when they become eligible for membership.